Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Birthday Dinner

It was my Tita Little's birthday today. My mom and I trooped to her house for dinner. I was a little bit disappointed that my youngest niece (so far) Yana was not there. The last time I saw her was in June, a few weeks before I left for school. When my sister was home for her sem break about a month before, she was raving about how rambunctious Yana had become. It was even evident in her vocabulary.

I hung out with Nene Loida and (Atty.) Manang Gracious. The little kiddies were missing and we had no one to chase after. A little bit later, Lance and CJ arrived. CJ looked so pretty in her pink dress. Naturally she didn't recognize me. The last time I saw her all she cared about was sucking her thumb. Now she couldn't get her eyes off my Minnie Mouse t-shirt and was particularly hellbent on grabbing my robot wristwatch. She wouldn't even let me carry her! So I spent the rest of the night pestering her till she yelled to no end. Her murderous gaze drifts past the camera lens. If she could bit my fingers off, she would...except that she doesn't have a lot of teeth yet.

Atty. Gracious took some pictures using my cellphone. Perhaps she had too much lechon that Loida, Manang Joy (CJ's mom) and I ended up looking ethereal.

No comments: