Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Withdrawal Pangs

It has been two weeks since I have been separated from my computer. For lack of a better analogy, I feel like a baby wailing for nappies (the Pampers commercial was the last thing I saw on TV before I went out to go to school) or a genie without a lamp (that was the last analogy presented in Consti class yesterday).
It all started with the keyboard. Brackets started appearing out of nowhere whenever I was typing. My first reaction was to get all freaked out because the entire thing struck me as a real/live version of that scene towards the end of "Ghost" where the computer screen was filled with "samsamsamsamsamsamsamsamsam." I then found msyelf wishing I'd have a ghost stalker half as good looking as Patrick Swayze. Then when I finally got a hold of my brain and realized it was going to entail hauling the computer to the shop, I got more freaked out just thinking how much that was going to cost my pocket.
I was told I'd have my computer back in about 30-45 days. I do not know how I can survive without it...well I can, actually...but just thinking about not seeing Mario on SNES is starting to make me cry.
*****************
Speaking of crying, I had my first midterms in Persons last week. It was one of those times (which occur more and more often these days) when I really felt stupid...like stuff-which-you-scrape-off-your-shoe stupid. For the first twenty minutes, I did nothing but stare at the first question. I panicked even more when everyone else seemed to be writing the beginnings of a novel already.
Then I did a mini-drama inside my sister's dorm room on Sunday because I realized I made a HUGE mistake. Don't wanna talk about it...I don't even want to see the page of the Civil Code which has that provision lest I get up and torch the entire thing.
*****************
Anna's back from Macau. It actually feels like I have not seen or heard from her in a long, long time. I was on my "sabbatical" for a couple of months and when I came back, she left for Macau. Actually, she left the week I arrived, I think. She could not email as often as she wanted (I would like to believe she wanted to email us as often as she could) because of her overly strict PM and texting was expensive. I'm just happy she's back even if it's for a little while.
Then less than a week after she arrived, I get a text that Shyne's going to Dubai. "DUBAI????" That was my silent scream while I sat on my window seat on a bus bound for home. Why so far? And why is everybody going away?
Blame it on school for my being soooo melodramatic/sentimental lately. I feel so detached from the world I feel like a Langdell specimen at the works...and to think I have not been spending THAT much time in the library. It's as if everytime I step into school, a thousand normal years rush by and the moment I step out, too much has happened for my poor heart to take.
Last week, the Snoo people were sending each other emails. We had not done that in a long, long time. I learned a friend of mine broke up with someone (whereas another friend of mine is being...er..."pursued" by someone else). Still another friend is organizing an anime quiz bee while the rest are either chained to their desks at work, stuck somewhere out-of-town or struggling with an anti-cellphone curse.
It just made me realize how I could still take some of the people closest to me for granted...like my friends and my family...like Shyne, for instance (I'm sure she'd looooove seeing her name here...like, more than once)...or Sarah, for that matter. I guess I had always believed they'd just "be around," like we could get together at anytime...to the point that anytime gets postponed numerous times everybody loses count.
Then I started missing everybody again, including my two dogs!
*****************
And now...because I am in my "sad mood," I am going to drop by Jollibee on my way home for some comfort food.
And oh! A reason to rejoice: IT'S THURSDAY TOMORROW!

No comments: